You depend on your Toyota Tacoma every day to get you where you need to be. Regular maintenance is an important part of keeping your truck safely on the road and making sure that it’s in great shape. The Toyota service schedule is a list of regular maintenance checks that you need to make on your vehicle to ensure that it’s running smoothly. This can be found in your owner’s manual or you can ask about it at your Houston Toyota dealership.
Below, we have put together an easy-to-read service schedule for your Tacoma as well as some tips for making sure that you keep up with your truck maintenance in Houston.
Toyota Service Schedule for Tacoma
Your Toyota Tacoma service schedule helps you make sure that your vehicle is in great shape. The service schedule for Toyota Tacoma is designed to be conducted in intervals of 5,000; 15,000; and 30,000 miles. This means that you need to repeat each step for each mileage interval every time your Tacoma reaches it.
To ensure that you are keeping up with your truck maintenance in Houston, use the guide below for what tasks need to be performed at each mileage marker.
Every 5,000 miles:
- Make sure that the driver’s floor mat is installed correctly.
- Replace your engine filter and oil.
- Inspect your tires and rotate them, making sure they have adequate pressure.
- Conduct a multipoint inspection and road test.
- Inspect front and rear brake components.
- Make sure that all exterior lights are functioning normally.
- Check all fluid levels and top them off as necessary.
Every 15,000 miles:
- Repeat tasks listed above for 5,000 miles.
- Inspect the drive axle boots, differential fluids and transfer case, as well as brake fluid.
- Check for any coolant leaks.
- If your cooling system is operational then check the exhaust system in addition to the suspension and steering components.
- Lubricate your propeller shaft.
- Reset tire pressure and maintenance warning lights.
Every 30,000 miles:
- Repeat the tasks listed above for 5,000 and 15,000 miles.
- Inspect the ignition wires and the distributor cap.
Tips for Keeping Up with Truck Maintenance in Houston
The key to keeping your car on the road and extending the life of your vehicle is following the recommended Toyota service schedule and making sure that you are up-to-date with any necessary maintenance or repairs. It can sometimes be difficult to remember
Below are some tips you can use to make sure you’re on track with truck maintenance in Houston:
1. Keep a calendar with maintenance reminders.
Whether you put maintenance reminders in your wall calendar, personal planner, or phone calendar, this can be a great way to make sure that you never miss a maintenance check. Some car owners even keep a separate smaller calendar just for car maintenance, which can be especially helpful if you have more than one vehicle. Just make sure that you put the reminders somewhere you will see them.
2. Ask your service provider to send you reminders.
Many service providers will send an email or postcard reminder when it is time for you to get an oil change or check your vehicle for other maintenance issues. These simple reminders can be just what you need to keep yourself on track when it comes to adequate truck maintenance.
3. Make a checklist for Toyota service schedule.
Do you need help remembering all of the needed maintenance checks? Keep a checklist inside your car or in another safe place so that you know just what to do every 5,000; 15,000; and 30,000 miles. This will ensure that you do not forget an important step.
4. Bring your vehicle to a factory trained and certified technician every 5,000 miles.
Sometimes keeping up with vehicle maintenance can be difficult even with reminders. One of the easiest ways to make sure that you are up-to-date with your Tacoma service schedule is to bring your vehicle into the service center at Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston every 5,000 miles. Our experienced technicians use state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose any maintenance issues to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
Do you still have questions about your Toyota service schedule? Contact us today to speak to a Toyota expert. The experienced team at Mike Calvert Toyota offer the best truck maintenance in Houston, helping keep your Tacoma safely on the road and extending the life of your vehicle.
To schedule your next service appointment, use our convenient online schedule form or call (713) 597-6489.